Indiana Bicentennial-Celebrating 200 Years
On December 11, 2016 Indiana will turn 200 years old. The state has been working on several projects all year long to prepare for this big celebration. St. Joseph County has also been making celebration plans of their own.
The following are a list of events that St. Joseph County is doing to celebrate Indiana's Bicentennial...
- On October 8th, 2016 the torch relay will pass through St. Joseph County with 26 of our nominated torchbearers from St. Joseph County.
- Following the relay, Bendix Woods will be hosting a party that is open to the public and will showcase all of the towns that make St. Joseph County so wonderful.
- A Geocache will be launched in the Spring of 2016, which will have 18 caches around the county.
- A performing arts event will take place in September using Dickenson Middle School students to perform a modern day pageant.
- A traveling photography exhibit by Lou Sabo coming soon.
- ALL-IN Block Party
Visit South Bend's Bicentennial Celebration website to learn more about all the events being held to help celebrate Indiana's Bicentennial throughout St. Joseph County!
You can also stay connected by visiting the County's social media pages!
- Find out more on Facebook by searching for the St. Joseph County IN Bicentennial
- Twitter URL: http://twitter.com/SJCIN2016
- Instagram at: StJosephCounty_INbicentennial
Please visit www.indiana2016.org for more information on Indiana's Bicentennial plans.
NEW! St. Joseph County Quick Access Maps
GIS information provided by St. Joseph County for browsing active building permits, city and town boundaries, township boundaries, county commissioner and council districts, ditch and tile maps, flood map boundaries, libraries, police precints and more.
Quick Access Maps
Indiana Travel Advisory Website
The Indiana Travel Advisory Website link above shows the level of travel advisory the state/counties has issued. For more information please click the link above.
2015 Municipal General Election Results
The St. Joseph County Commissioners welcome you…and hope that this website provides you with the online information and tools you are seeking!
Established in 1830, St. Joseph County, Indiana has become the fourth largest county in the state of Indiana. The county spans 467 square miles, which includes a comfortable mix of rural cultural heritage and urban amenities. St. Joseph County is also the regional center for higher education. The County is home to more than eight colleges and universities including but not limited to Notre Dame University, Indiana University, Purdue Ext., Bethel University and St. Mary’s College.
St. Joseph County provides convenient living, with easy regional access to its parks, bike and pedestrian walkways, regional beaches, lakes and many cultural activities. St. Joseph County has been a leader in industrial and manufacturing business opportunities, technology development, which combine to offer excellent opportunities to its St. Joseph County residents and new comers alike.
We invite you to take time to learn more about St. Joseph County government, we hope that this website will assist you in finding the necessary tools to accommodate your needs and interests. St. Joseph County is continuing to expand its menu and to add topics of interest to its viewers.
Click any of the links listed to the left, which include links to government, as well as to economic development, employment opportunities, maps, news and related links. And, welcome to St. Joseph County , Indiana!