obtain the application for certified death certificates, which must be filled
out for all requests, please Click Here
- Full name of person whose record is requested
- Date of death (approximately)
- Place of death
- Relationship to person whose record is requested
- Identification and proof of relationship is required
- Signed letter, return address and phone number
- Send to address below - attention vital records
- Number of copies requested
$11.00 for First Certified Death Copy $8.00 for each additional copy on the same person at the same time For Genealogy: $7.00 search fee for 1-6 names. (only for deaths occurring before 1955)
Forms Of Payment For Mail Requests
(faxed requests are not accepted)
Money Order or Cashier’s Check Only (made payable to St. Joseph County Health Department)
*No Personal Checks Or Credit Cards*
Do not mail cash-we will not refund if lost.
If you would like to use a credit card or request UPS next day delivery, please visit www.VitalChek.com.
Forms Of Payment For In-Office Requests
Cash, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Money Order or Cashier’s Check (made payable to St. Joseph County Health Department)
*No Personal Checks*
SJCHD - Vital Records 227 W. Jefferson Blvd.
8th floor County-City Building
South Bend, IN 46601-1870