Jail Visitation Policies
- Each person visiting an inmate in the jail must have a valid state issued identification card, driver's license, military identification card or a valid passport. No exceptions.
- Prior to your visitation, please note the time and day of the week that the inmate has scheduled for visitation by checking our visitation schedule. You must also ensure that you are listed as a visitor on your inmate's visitor list. Please stop in to the jail with identification to find out if you do not know. Each inmate may have up to five visitors on his/her list and that list cannot be changed for one year. Two people may visit an inmate during the assigned visitation time. Anyone who has been booked into the St. Joseph County Jail within the past sixty days is unable to visit an inmate.
- All personal items must be stored in a vehicle in the parking lot. We do not have lockers available and no purses, bags or jackets are allowed in the visitation area.
- NO CELL PHONES allowed in the building.
- No mini-skirts or excessively short shorts
- No athletic type clothing
- No see-through or sheer clothing of any kind
- Females must wear bras
- No low-cut blouses or shirts
- No bare midrifts or cropped shirts
- All shirts must have sleeves
- No hats or head coverings of any type
- No holes of any kind in clothing
- No tight fitting clothing, including spandex, leggings and yoga pants
- No hoodies or jackets